The following topics are under consideration for inclusion in the next IHI calls for proposals, which we plan to launch by end of July. Updated versions of the draft topic texts are published on the Future opportunities page of the website.
Two-stage topics (IHI call 4)
- Expanding translational knowledge in minipigs: a path to reduce and replace non-human primates in non-clinical safety assessment
- Patient-centric blood sample collection to enable decentralised clinical trials and improve access to healthcare
- Inclusive clinical studies for equitable access to clinical research in Europe
- Establishing novel approaches to improve clinical trials for rare and ultra-rare diseases
- Safe & sustainable by design (SSbD) packaging and single use device solutions for healthcare products
- Sustainable circular development and manufacturing of healthcare products and their quantitative environmental impact assessment
Single-stage topics (IHI call 5)
- Accelerating the implementation of new approach methodologies and other innovative non-animal approaches for the development, testing and production of health technologies
- Development and proof of principle of new clinical applications of theranostics solutions
- Improved prediction, detection, and treatment approaches for comprehensive stroke management
- Maximising the potential of synthetic data generation in healthcare applications
The topics are currently under consultation with the IHI Governing Board. They may therefore change between the versions published here and the call launch, and applicants should check the final, approved topic texts once the calls are officially launched.
Stay up to date
For the latest updates on these calls for proposals:
- Watch our Info Days recordings to find out more about the topics and our rules and procedures
- Sign up for our monthly newsletter
- Follow us on social media: LinkedIn - Twitter - Mastodon (@IHI@social.network.europa.eu)
- Questions? Contact us
All information regarding future IHI call topics is indicative and subject to change. Final information about future IHI calls will be communicated after approval by the IHI Governing Board.