IHI has published the draft texts of topics under consideration for inclusion in the next calls for proposals on the Future Opportunities page of the website.
‘We know that building a strong consortium takes time and effort – that’s why we publish draft topics several weeks before the call launch,’ said interim IHI Executive Director Hugh Laverty. ‘I would encourage potential applicants to use this time to start reaching out to partners and reading up on the topics and how IHI works – this will give you a vital head start when the calls are formally launched.’
IHI call 3
Call type: single stage | Scheduled for launch: December 2022
- Screening platform and biomarkers for prediction and prevention of diseases of unmet public health need
- Patient generated evidence to improve outcomes, support decision making, and accelerate innovation
- Combining hospital interventional approaches to improve patient outcomes and increase hospital efficiencies
- Strengthening the European ecosystem for Advanced Therapy Medicinal Products (ATMPs) and other innovative therapeutic modalities for rare diseases
- Digital health technologies for the prevention and personalised management of mental disorders and their long-term health consequences
IHI call 4
Call type: two stage | Scheduled for launch: early 2023
- Expanding translational knowledge in minipigs: a path to reduce and replace non-human primates in non-clinical drug safety assessment
- Patient-centric blood sample collection to enable decentralised clinical trials and improve access to healthcare
Currently, the draft topics are under consultation with IHI’s States Representatives Group and Science and Innovation Panel. It is therefore likely that the topics may change considerably between now and the call launch, and applicants should check the final, approved topic texts once the calls are launched.
The IHI Programme Office is planning webinars and a brokerage opportunities around the time of the call launches to help applicants learn more about the topics as well as IHI’s rules and procedures.
Important note: All information regarding future IHI call topics is indicative and subject to change. Final information about future IHI calls will be communicated after approval by the IHI Governing Board.