The following topics are under consideration for inclusion in the first IHI calls for proposals, which we plan to launch in June. IHI plans to launch two calls for proposals at the same time – one single stage call, and one two stage call. IHI is publishing the draft topic texts in advance of the official call launch to give potential applicants additional time to start building a consortium and drafting a proposal.
IHI call 1 (single stage call)
- An innovative decision-support system for improved care pathways for patients with neurodegenerative diseases and comorbidities
- Next generation imaging and image-guided diagnosis and therapy for cancer
- Personalised oncology: Innovative people-centred, multi-modal therapies against cancer
- Access and integration of heterogeneous health data for improved health care in diseases areas of high unmet public health need
IHI call 2 (two stage call)
- Cardiovascular diseases – improved prediction, prevention, diagnosis and monitoring
- Setting a harmonised methodology to promote uptake of early feasibility studies for clinical and innovation excellence in the European Union
Currently, the draft topics are under consultation with IHI’s States Representatives Group and Science and Innovation Panel. It is therefore likely that the topics may change considerably between now and the call launch, and applicants should check the final, approved topic texts once the calls are launched.
The IHI Programme Office is planning webinars and a brokerage event around the time of the call launch to help applicants with the new IHI rules and procedures.
We plan to launch our first call for proposals in the first half of 2022. We expect to publish updates on the planned themes prior to the official call launch here, so watch this space! To stay up to date on our calls and other activities, sign up for our newsletter or follow us on Twitter or LinkedIn.
All information regarding future IHI Call topics is indicative and subject to change. Final information about future IHI Calls will be communicated after approval by the IHI Governing Board.