The following topics are under consideration for inclusion in the next IHI calls for proposals, which we plan to launch at the end of 2022 and the beginning of 2023. IHI is publishing the draft topic texts in advance of the official call launch to give potential applicants additional time to start building a consortium and drafting a proposal.
IHI call 3 (single stage call) - updated drafts of 24 November 2022
- Topic 1: Screening platform and biomarkers for prediction and prevention of diseases of unmet public health need
- Topic 2: Patient-generated evidence to improve outcomes, support decision making, and accelerate innovation
- Topic 3: Combining hospital interventional approaches to improve patient outcomes and increase hospital efficiency
- Topic 4: Strengthening the European translational research ecosystem for advanced therapy medicinal products (ATMPs) for rare diseases
- Topic 5: Digital health technologies for the prevention and personalised management of mental disorders and their long-term health consequences
IHI call 4 (two stage call) - updated drafts of 24 November 2022
- Topic 1: Expanding translational knowledge in minipigs: a path to reduce and replace non-human primates in non-clinical safety assessment
- Topic 2: Patient-centric blood sample collection to enable decentralised clinical trials and improve access to healthcare
Note that the topics may change considerably between the versions published here and the call launch, and applicants should check the final, approved topic texts once the calls are launched.
All information regarding future IHI call topics is indicative and subject to change. Final information about future IHI calls will be communicated after approval by the IHI Governing Board.